News and notes from around the interweb:
- How to visit Easter Island on a tight budget
- An Air India 787 Dreamliner ‘turned into a steamliner’ near Baku. The flight was delayed 41 hours.
The airline, who had initially stated the aircraft diverted due to operational reasons as result of a minor technical issue, reported on Jul 12th that the cabin got very hot due to the failure of the recirculation fans of the air conditioning systems, which prevented the cooled air to get to the cabin.
- The FBI has closed the unsolved case of D.B. Cooper who skyjacked a Northwest Orient 727 bound for Seattle in 1971.
- I received an email announcement from United on Tuesday that they had to write off the $400 million on their books for the value of Newark slots because the airport will no longer be restricted so the slots lose their value. Since they’ll save on taxes, they say the net effect to their bottom line is $264 million.
- Get free bottled water for applying for a Costco credit card?
- Airbus sends Happy Birthday wishes for Boeing’s 100th year milestone.