News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta has new business class TUMI amenity kits with Kiehls products for their transoceanic international flights and premium transcons.
Delta’s refreshed kits include Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 and grapefruit-scented Deluxe Hand and Body Lotion with Aloe Vera and Oatmeal.
…In addition to Kiehl’s, the Delta One kits include a TUMI soft touch pen and eye shades, striped socks, a dental kit featuring Crest toothpaste, tissues, mouthwash and ear plugs
- Online travel agency sites exceeded conventions and meetings in 2012, and hotel chain websites in 2013, to become the top source of bookings at New York properties in 2013.
- Are the number of drunken idiot and other problem passengers actually going down? Perhaps we’re just hearing about them more thanks to social media. (HT: Tocqueville)
- Staying at an IHG property? Use their chat service to add a note that you’d like to be upgraded to your stay info I don’t think you’ll be nearly so successful, most properties won’t bother reading the notes. I used to frequently fax requests to hotels, and often arrange for something to be in the room when I arrived (requiring the hotel to preblock me). Offering a narrative of why I’d value a nicer room, I’d often get upgraded. However here’s how to really get upgraded on your next hotel stay.
- New app promises private special forces response for travelers in need. For your next leisure trip to Mosul.
- 7 Things Every Traveler Must Know About Brexit. One of my proudest geeky moments, because among other things I got to offer that “[w]e’re beyond the point of ‘known unknowns’…”