News and notes from around the interweb:
- IHG Rewards Club’s 75 night ‘Spire Elite’ tier is testing upgrade and club lounge benefits at a handful of properties.
The Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom you’re staying at is part of a new pilot program, and that means we’re happy to confirm a complimentary room upgrade on your upcoming stay. This is just one of the great benefits of being a Spire Elite member of IHG@ Rewards Club.
…also aware of
+ CP Amsterdam Center, NL / Lounge Access
- The introduction of Uber in Atlanta correlates with a 32% drop in DUIs. Meanwhile DUIs are up in Austin since Uber and Lyft left albeit not as dramatically (there are still ridesharing options like ArcadeCity which Austin has performed sting operations against and also Fare, Fasten, and GetMe which doesn’t seem to want to come get me).
- Qatar is considering increasing its stake in British Airways and Iberia parent IAG from 15% to 20%.
- Death watch for the Airbus A380 production line
- Walmart, Green Dot, and MasterCard receive inquiry from Senators over prepaid card failures
- 360 degree view: renderings of United’s new business class seat and lounges.