News and notes from around the interweb:
- What to do when a transfer of Citibank points to miles gets ‘stuck’
- 1000 bonus United miles for making $250 or more in total purchases through their shopping portal by June 30
- 1000 free Le Club Accorhotels points for signing up as a meeting planner
- American Airlines generateed 33 billion social impressions last year. It’s a bit of a fuzzy number, just use it to paint a picture of scale for their social media operation.
- Anthony Bourdain’s favorite city for solo travel is Tokyo
Tokyo is very exciting alone. It’s intimidating, but thrilling. Every time you need to feed yourself at a restaurant you’re taking the plunge, stepping through the curtains into a room filled with locals, menus in Japanese, feeling awkward and freakish—the tallest guy in the room—having no clue what it is that they’re serving. That’s thrilling to me, absolutely. When you finally get to the point when you can order breakfast at a restaurant? That’s a great feeling of accomplishment. That’s what I love about Tokyo. You’re forced to learn stuff every inch of the way
- 20 British men trashed a plane on the way to Vegas. One was banned from the airline and the others were “forced to sign ‘good behaviour agreements’ in order to go home.”
How about not overserving passengers in the first place?
- 360° Cockpit tour of Emirates Airbus A380: