News and notes from around the interweb:
- Virgin Australia Platinum upgrade certificates can now be used for short international flights, not just domestic flying. Long haul flights to Abu Dhabi and Los Angeles are excluded.
- Washington National Airport will get a new concourse to replace the dreaded gate 35X.
- Cathay Pacific’s North American catering manager has been with the airline for 50 years
- India is making it easier for new airlines to fly internationally. They’re eliminating the 5 year domestic flying rule as long as airlines dedicate 20% of their flying to domestic or 20 planes whichever is greater. (Although some airlines don’t make it to 20 planes in 5 years.) Two steps forward one step back there are also new subsidies on domestic routes.
- 10 best picks for business travelers in 2016
- Comedian films passenger screaming back at crying child on a plane