News and notes from around the interweb:
- Routes where top international first class products are sold inexpensively
- How hard was it for Amtrak to require names in reservations?
- Just how technologically backward the FAA is. Canada does this better.
- UberPOOL is now 20% of Uber’s business
- American and Delta Are Squabbling Over a New Los Angeles-Beijing Flight
- In early January I wrote that one of the biggest stories of the year could be the end of passport-free travel within Europe. Indeed we saw some countries move to erect some border checks inside the E.U. Now France is imposing border checks ahead of the Euro 2016 (‘Football’ i.e. soccer) Tournament.
Just short of suspending Schengen, France will require a valid passport or National ID Card for anyone entering the country ahead of the tournament. This includes rail, road and airport entry points into France as well as Basel Airport in Switzerland due to its location on the French border.