News and notes from around the interweb:
- Albany, New York wants to make it a crime to walk away from airport security
- Ridesharing black markets are growing now that Austin pushed out Uber and Lyft
- Is Iberia offering more business class award space to its own members than to partners (even than they offer to British Airways members)?
Very useful to know especially since Membership Rewards transfers to Iberia, and because British Airways Avios themselves can be transferred to Iberia Avios, just make sure you open an Iberia account and have some activity in it.
- Hainan Airlines bought a stake in Virgin Australia. Hainan’s parent is also in talks to acquire Air France KLM’s catering business.
- People Over Profit (“POP”) is a new airline that wants to fly between India and the UK
- Airbus wants to squeeze even more passengers into the A380 but promises passengers won’t experience reduced comfort (hah). Meanwhile, Airbus is shifting overhead costs from the A380 program to the A320 program so they can continue to claim the A380 breaks even. But if it takes accounting games to maintain that…