News and notes from around the interweb:
- I Do This: Get two room keys, even when you’re traveling alone. One of them will fail often enough, saves a trip back down to the front desk.
- Delta will roll out Comfort+ extra legroom seating as a separate fare class in certain Asian, Caribbean, and Latin American markets starting September 19 like they did with domestic flights last week.
- This is how Thai airplane food gets made (HT: Dan W.) Interesting observation from Bangkok Airways, an airline that certainly provides enough flatware for a meal on a one hour flight in my experience.
“There’s a limited area for airlines to compete,” Amorn said. “Now it comes to food.” In Amorn’s opinion, airlines can only drop their prices so low, only offer so much in-flight entertainment. That leaves room to shine in the culinary department.
- The High Price of Security Theater Where did the money go? Closer to home, via Reid F., TSA gavemy Macbook Pro to another passenger at LAX and now it’s gone.
- It’s never the attractive ones, either.
- Come Thanksgiving Southwest Airlines will exceed 4000 flights in a single day.
- Inverted Jenny re-emerges after 61 years. Not travel, but planes — and postage stamps.
Copyright: neftali77 / 123RF Stock Photo