News and notes from around the interweb:
- Get up to $1000 for registering for a class action settlement against Spirit Airlines
- Photos of Cathay Pacific’s renovated The Pier business class lounge
- Uber users tend to be young and well-educated although usage doesn’t vary by gender or race. They’re more likely to be Democrats than Republicans, though they’re opposed to regulating the service. Only 15% of Americans have ever used a ridesharing service, while one-third don’t even know what they are.
- American’s letter to employees about the TSA
- The TSA gets to keep change passengers leave behind at checkpoints. That totaled $50,000 in Miami alone in 2015, and $765,759.15 across all US airports. (HT: Tocqueville)
- American is spending on Facebook to advertise premium cabin partner redemptions. It’s a good thing this employee redeemed her miles before March 22! (Here are the miles they’re giving away.)