News and notes from around the interweb:
- Passenger throws water on flight attendants after they refuse to give him a written apology
- Still available: $20 free on your next restaurant meal
- 6800 American Airlines passengers missed their flights due to long TSA screening lines in just one week. American’s policy priority needs to be combating security theater and not lobbying for handouts under the guise of ‘fairness’ in competition. (HT: Alan H.)
- 2017 British Airways and Iberia off-peak redemption dates announced
- Alaska Airlines will no longer be able to register aircraft with ‘AS’ because the FAA is running out of designations
- EU directive tells airlines to give passenger data to authorities
- Comenity bank can repossess stuff you buy with their credit cards if you don’t pay (HT: Alan H.) Comenity will lose the Virgin America co-brand when the Virgin America Elevate program is subsumed into Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan.