News and notes from around the interweb:
- Good reminder how the British Airways multi-partner award chart which did not devalue can now sometimes offer better value than their standard chart for premium cabin awards.
- There’s been speculation about JetBlue, Delta, and Etihad as Virgin America investors. Could it actually be Hainan Airlines? Update: Alaska and JetBlue have bid for Virgin America!
- In addition to last week’s announced profit sharing for about 100,000 employees, American Airlines will increase flight attendant pay by ~ 6%. Maybe this will quell the dissident faction and get us our predeparture beverages back…
- Growth in hotel revenue per available room has slowed with supply of new rooms outpacing demand. Perhaps we’ll start seeing moderation in rates soon and more loyalty program promotions to put heads in beds.
- Which major US airline is really the most on-time? Sorting through the different metrics they use. Of course, the things American does to leave on time are extremely annoying. And while they do depart exactly on time more than the others, they do not arrive on time as often.
- 5 Myths About Cuba their cigars are no longer the world’s best..
- Hotel chains and travel websites in a tug of war for customers (New York Times so you may want to Google it, HT: Alan H.)