News and notes from around the interweb:
- Last month I explained how plural marriage had put Star Alliance member EVA Air at risk. And indeed the children of the founder’s first wife have deposed the son of the founder’s second wife as the airline’s chairman. He had flown a company jet to Singapore, and wasn’t even allowed to act as pilot on the way back.
Ousted EVA Air chairman Chang Kuo-wei at the inaugural of the airline’s Taipei – Houston service
- A reason to be concerned about society going cashless
- Delta now gives priority boarding and seating to corporate travelers. To borrow a Delta phrase, when everyone has priority boarding does anyone have it? (HT: Demetrius J.)
- American and Southwest explained in DOT filings why they want to lose the most money flying to Cuba.
- American sent out Executive Platinums a $25 off Uber code (valid even for existing users). I almost just hit delete on my email. Subject line: Exclusive reward: $25 off your next Uber ride So if you’re an Executive Platinum member and didn’t see it, check your deleted folder and your junk mail.
And be sure not to add the coupon code until you need it, it’ll be applied to the first ride you take and is worth up to $25. It can be used any time through end of year. I’m saving mine for an airport run.
- I was on television Tuesday evening discussing the Anbang offer for Starwood.