News and notes from around the interweb:
- Step-by-step visual guide to transferring your American Express Membership Rewards points
- During the trial where Erin Andrews is suing the Vanderbilt Marriott where a peephole video was taken of her naked, part of the ownership group of the hotel who testified at the trial apparently was showing the video out with friends at dinner, supposedly remarking “it was costing him millions so he was going to show it to everyone.”
- LAN, TAM tweak LATAM Plus, Fidelidade frequent flyer programs
- The courts have ruled since 2011 that the TSA’s use of nude-o-scopes is illegal without issuing a formal rule-making. The TSA basically ignored court orders requiring that it adhere to the Administrative Procedures Act.
As I said in the fall when the court reiterated its ruling, that all the TSA would do was finally come out with a rulemaking saying what it was doing was legal and that would be that (although additional suits would no doubt be filed). That’s exactly what has happened. The TSA says they have considered relevant arguments, and consider nude-o-scopes to be awesome.
- Earn JetBlue points free with social media badges. JetBlue is also offering 25% off redemptions when you book by March 4 for travel between April 26 and June 16 (excluding Sundays and May 26-30).
- Skyteam member China Southern has a new Chairman after the previous one “stepped down due to a ‘severe violation of discipline and laws’…”