News and notes from around the interweb:
- How budget travelers can eat well, inexpensively.
- Uplifting: Determined Father Gets Back on His Feet While Living in Hotel
Not quite Will Smith, But There Should Still Be a Movie About This!
- Boy Has Awesome Southwest Airlines Birthday Party!
- Allergic to Dogs on a Flight? What Travelers Need to Know. I make the point to the New York Times author that folks who may have to get off a flight and take another one aren’t best-off booking ultra low cost carriers on many routes.
“A lot of low-cost carriers often don’t offer daily service,” said Gary Leff, who writes the blog View from the Wing. “You might have to wait a few days for the next flight. If you were on one of the major carriers, they often have multiple ways of getting to a destination on a given day. That’s why I prefer legacy carriers with substantial route networks. It’s the same with service or weather events. They can route around them.”
- Customs and Border Patrol sent out a press release: Cocaine Vaginally Inserted Seized by CBP at JFK (HT: Michael W Travels)
- TSA Explains Minneapolis Security Wait Times: ‘Get Used to It’.
Early Friday afternoon TSA Public Affairs Manager Lori Dankers…says no passenger processing in Terminal 1 waited longer than 47 minutes on Friday morning to get through security, and that those passing through the TSA PreCheck lanes waited 10 minutes or less.
Cherry picking and still reporting bad results? Morning isn’t the busiest time through security, “The busiest times Friday afternoon at MSP are projected to be 1 to 2 p.m. and to 8 p.m.” Oh and the TSA complains passenger inconvenience is because its $8 billion budget isn’t enough.