News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airlines benefit when miles are redeemed for unsold seats
- Study suggests light therapy can solve jet lag. (HT: @spencerformiles) Here’s how I beat jet lag.
- Ryanair is scaling back operations in Italy over an increase in passenger taxes
- With airlines around the world facing labor agitating for higher wages in light of profits, low fuel prices, and a history of givebacks, struggling airberlin is getting pay cuts from managers and pilots.
- Will climate change make Westbound transatlantic flights longer?
- How visas shape the geopolitical architecture of the planet (HT: Marginal Revolution) “Based on the visa status of all countries, community detection reveals the existence of 4 + 1 main communities..”
- An interview with Ben Baldanza the Spirit Airlines CEO who was ousted last month.
- Aeroplan is offering double miles on the new Air Canada Vancouver – Brisbane route. I’m just interested in there being another Star Alliance non-stop flight between North America and Australia to check for awards!