News and notes from around the interweb:
- It depends on what the definition of “is” is. US Bank is changing what ‘grocery’ means.
- Strong miles for flower delivery offers: 35 Delta miles per dollar, 30 United miles per dollar and 30 American miles per dollar plus 200 miles for elite members who have an AAdvantage credit card.
- Singapore Airlines Krisflyer is offering 30% off online economy redemptions booked by February 14 for travel February 15 through May 26 for a variety of destinations.
- 2016 kidnap and piracy map released
Intensified civil conflicts in Africa, entrenched criminality in Latin America and the advance of Islamist militancy in spaces worldwide have contributed to “severe” kidnap ratings for 11 countries, up from eight in 2015. A further 11 countries, including India, Egypt, Lebanon, Cameroon and Kenya moved from “medium” to “high” – the latter four of these all face significant threats from Islamist militancy.
- Sabre starts selling American premium seat upsells via New Distribution Capability-based standards
- British Airways will start flying to Tehran in July six days a week with a 4-class Boeing 777, upgrading service to daily next winter.
- As part of MGM Hotels’ plan to start charging for parking they’re outsourcing the operation.