News and notes from around the interweb:
- She can’t redeem her Membership Rewards points, either. American Express is suing Tori Spelling for a $38,000 unpaid credit card bill. She’s also unlikely to be able to get credit card signup bonuses at this point, too.
- Saturday night’s Turkish Airlines Houston – Istanbul flight was diverted to Shannon, Ireland because of a bomb threat. Apparently the decision was made to divert upon finding a note onboard that was interpreted as threatening, details of the note weren’t immediately available. But it turned out to be a hoax.
- British Airways is testing ‘automatic check-in’ 6 hours prior to departure. “Your boarding pass will be generated and sent to you to by email – whether you like it or not.”
- About 1% of foreign visitors overstay their US visas
- Can India please lift the restriction that bans inflight internet over their airspace? Planes with internet have to turn it off when they cross over India. It’s a rule that Air India actually learned about from a service provider while shopping to equip their planes with internet.
- Frequent flyer programs for kids