News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airbus will provide helicopters for Uber’s UberChopper test
- JetBlue American Express cardholders will have their cards changed over to JetBlue MasterCards from Barclaycard by March 21.
- 25 Years Since Eastern Air Lines Folded Its Wings: Personal Stories of That Final Day
- Passengers pleas with flight attendant to stop nearby traveler from passing gas (not The Onion). As we know, enough flatulence can force an emergency landing… (HT: Jeff R.)
- Air Canada has new revenue requirements for elite status but has now relaxed those (cut them in half) for non-Canadian residents (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
For non-Canadian residents, the Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) will be 50% lower than the published amounts found in the chart above. Proof of address may be requested in order to apply non-Canadian resident AQD requirements. For eligible members, the AQD tracker at altitude.aircanada.com will be updated to reflect these new lowered requirements by March 1, 2016.
Clearly they don’t won’t to lose the business of customers who buy some Air Canada tickets, some partner tickets, and can’t focus more on Air Canada because they don’t want to live in Canada — since it’s only Air Canada ticket spend that counts towards status.
- Not new, but made me smile. Mr. Bean flies first class… (HT: @freetravelguys