News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airport trading cards (HT: Ramsey Qubein)
- The 1975 LaGuardia Airport bombing remains unsolved
- Suntrust Bank $400 signup bonus for business checking account
- Hertz-owned Dollar Rent a Car is moving to revenue-based points-earning. Instead of earning one credit per rental day with 16 credits worth a free rental day, you’ll earn 1 point per dollar spent with a new weekday, weekend, and weekly free rental award chart. (HT: Scott L.)
- Earn up to triple Etihad Guest miles for Etihad tickets purchased by January 10 and travel through June 30. (Economy earns double miles.) Registration required
- Amtrak is back with a free train roundtrip after three Northeast corridor roundtrips. Registration required. Travel by February 29 to earn free trips July 2 through August 31 (excluding July 4).
- Political donations of airline CEOs