News and notes from around the interweb:
- China Names and Shames 5 Tourists Over Bad Behavior
Those added to the list of “uncivilized behavior” by tourists include two women and a man who brawled after one woman’s seat was bumped during boarding of a flight from Cambodia to the western city of Chengdu.
The three were forcibly removed from the plane under captain’s orders and the flight was delayed for one hour, the China National Tourism Administration said.
Another man was listed after he was arrested in Japan for assaulting a convenience store clerk whom he accused of disrespecting his wife. The last was a woman who attacked her tour guide with hot tea after learning the price of her son’s ticket to a western China scenic site was not included in the package.
- The ultimate list of airlines that serve free alcohol
- Surprising to no one at all: The DOT’s 3 hour tarmac delay rule reduces tarmac delays but increases delays overall.
- In interesting company… What do Delta’s Richard Anderson and Donald Trump have in common? What about Richard Anderson and Vladimir Putin?
- I am the first (and so far only) person to visit every country in the world without flying… ask me anything!! (HT: Paul H.)
- Once you get to the Virgin Atlantic website here’s how they convince you to buy
- KLM’s Bluey (the animated 747 who farts) is back for Christmas. (HT: Travel Zork)