News and notes from around the interweb:
- Okay this is incredible: a trip report of British Airways all business class service between London City airport and New York JFK in full 360 virtual reality.
- A British Airways passenger was hospitalized when a carry on bag fell from the overhead bin onto his head.
- Ultra low cost carrier Allegiant now participates in TSA PreCheck. Hopefully Spirit will follow.
I avoid Spirit for two reasons: lack of PreCheck, and lack of a redundant route network to get me where I’m going in the event of delays or cancellations. (Atrocious legroom can be solved with their affordable ‘Big Front Seat’). Bringing PreCheck to the ULCC’s would be huge, though it requires an IT investment to accomplish..
- Regardless of the condition of the used Boeing 777 that Delta says it’s buying for $7.7 million there may be real weakness in the used widebody aircraft market.
- Star Alliance member South Africa Airways doesn’t have the funds to make payments to Airbus. And Etihad has yet to come in and rescue them…
- Truly sad, and a reminder to always follow safety protocols: Air India technician died after getting sucked into an aircraft engine.
- The macabre news continues, as a man stabbed himself in the head with a knife from a seafood restaurant inside the terminal at London’s Heathrow airport. Perhaps commenting on ‘the horrors of connecting at Heathrow’ would be in poor taste.