News and notes from around the interweb:
- Etihad’s new New York JFK lounge is open, complete with a la cart dining.
- Until Noon eastern today IHG Rewards Club is offering 50% off award nights at The Venetian and the Palazzo in Las Vegas for stays through March 31. That makes reward nights 25,000 instead of 50,000 points.
- BOHICA: Lufthansa cabin crew expected to strike again Thursday and Friday. That, in contrast, will be noticed.
- What to do when you’re stuck in an airport over the holidays
- United’s Europe award sale is now open to everyone (no longer just elites and co-brand credit card holders).
- Indian carrier Kingfisher, once the second largest airline in the country, hasn’t flown in about three years. Its assets are finally being auctioned and little is expected to be recouped to lenders.
- Two members of Congress have introduced legislation for concealed carry permits to be accepted as identification by TSA. They’re government-issued photo IDs, but TSA won’t take them. The TSA will take tribal IDs and HSPD-12 PIV cards.