News and notes from around the interweb:
- 9 ways to make the most of your frequent flyer miles
- The TSA will no longer allow American Express Centurion lounges to offer luggage storage because security screening at the checkpoint doesn’t actually do anything to find dangerous items.
- Potentially very good United news: United is switching to illy coffee. We’ll see it in clubs next month, but not until summer 2016 in the air.
I remember that years ago their Starbucks brew was a special, watered-down variety because customers complained about their coffee being too strong. So hopefully they don’t go a similar direction here, because illy is – on the whole – quite good (and something I’ll certainly choose over Starbucks). Of course how it translates to being brewed at pressure by United’s coffee machines is an open question we’ll need to wait at least 6 months to learn the answer to.
- The UK Prime Minister, a regular budget traveler who can be seen eating Pringles on easyJet, will be getting his own government aircraft for use on official trips.
- United discounting economy roundtrip Europe awards up to 25%. Book by December 8 for travel January 11 through March 10.
- CityJet aircraft from London City airport aborts a landing in Cork, Ireland due to a gusty crosswind. Impressive to watch!