News and notes from around the interweb:
- LoungeBuddy is giving away credits for lounge access. They’ll give you a contest entry for every lounge photo or review you upload (no limit) for their daily prize drawing, and are giving away prizes to the people who upload the most.
- Citi’s version of Amex Offers is live
- Apparently Alaska Airlines used to offer status matches up to their top elite tier to those with Southwest Companion Passes. Now they only match up to Gold and only upon proof of actual flying (earning a companion pass via credit cards may not suffice). Who can blame them?
- Coversations with Everyday North Koreans (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- Why some airports are getting posh hotels (HT: Alan H)
- ‘We’re never truly safe, but we always have to live’ is what I told CNN yesterday, which quoted from my post on why I’ll still go to Paris.
“Could there be follow-on attacks?” Leff wrote. “Of course, though I’m not sure the risk of that is any greater today than it was yesterday. Indeed, in some sense the risks may be lessened because there are now fewer people in Paris aiming for such an attack than there were yesterday, by virtue of their having completed it.”