News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines: Too many emergency slides are deploying accidentally
- Earn United club passes for donating toys
- Qantas is closing its Bangkok lounge November 15. They are sending passengers to the Louis Tavern CIP lounge instead. For those with lots of time on their hands at the airport, though, the new Cathay Pacific lounge would be the better option.
Louis Tavern CIP Lounge, Bangkok
- EVA Air has unveiled a new livery. (HT: CK)
- How do you moooove 150 head of cattle from Australia to China? In a 747! In ‘cattle class’… (HT: Bill G.) Fortunately no emergency landing due to flatulence this time!
- Amazing story of a survivor recalling the final minutes of a doomed Boeing 707
- Department of Justice filing uses Jeff Smisek quotes against United in their attempt to block the airline from obtaining more Newark slots from Delta.