News and notes from around the interweb:
- Oscar Munoz is expected to return as CEO of United in early 2016. In the meantime, United has continued to plot out a positive narrative that started when Munoz was appointed two months ago. In his absence leadership seems to ask themselves, What Would Oscar Do?
- Why American has more cashews in their nut mix. Almond prices went up, so American scaled back almonds and replaced them with relatively more cashews. Almond prices have fallen though so in 2016 there will be fewer cashews. More pecans, too. Think that’s the end of the savings? United pocketed $200,000 a year by shifting from whole cashews to broken pieces.
- Up to 6000 miles with new United MileagePlus shopping promotion
- Fly Virgin Atlantic between US and London, Manchester or Glasgow through January 31 and earn 100% bonus miles and bonus tier points. Registration required.
- Do you know anyone who likes flying from Dulles Airport near Washington..? …Why can’t we have more TWA Flight Centers and fewer dark, dank nightmares like New York’s LaGuardia?
- In the coolest thing since Chuck Norris did an in-air leg split between to planes, comes this incredible video from Jetmen Dubai and Emirates: