News and notes from around the interweb:
- The real reason Delta is pulling out of Dubai
- American AAdvantage is offering up to 90,000 miles for Australia roundtrips in full fare economy or above through the end of May.
- Baby steps getting the Bahamas Baha Mar resort project moving again though that’s little solace for those with cancelled reservations and little compensation.
- Starwood is now offering an assortment of ‘member exclusive rates’ which give you up to 10% off. Lots of restrictions, including prepaid, you may be better just booking a AAA rate for about the same price. This comes only days after Hilton introduced an HHonors member discount in select cities.
- Steaks on a Plane: Following your United Airlines meal from the kitchen to the clouds (HT: Joel G.)
- One study suggests Uber’s surge pricing may not add drivers into the system (HT: Reid F.) This summary, though, unintentionally reveals the genius of surge pricing which is rationing supply and allocating it to highest valued use:
Unless time is of the essence, you’re probably better off waiting several minutes and getting a lower-cost lift.