News and notes from around the interweb:
- Amazing trip report from the inaugural ANA Star Wars R2D2 flight (Vancouver – Tokyo)
- What really happens during an inflight emergency (HT: Alan H.)
- United is selling travel bags made from “Fly the Friendly Skies” banners that used to hang at Chicago O’Hare.
- You can now change your designee on a Southwest Companion Pass up to 6 times (three times per calendar year).
- Could you save money commuting to San Francisco from Las Vegas instead of living in San Francisco? Not to mention earning miles and segments. (HT: Paul H.)
- The things you ask a concierge for help with are lame. They don’t come close to comparing with having “a Christmas village, with real snow, set up inside the hotel” or having roses dropped from every bridge along the Seine. (HT: Alan H.)
- New Alaska Airlines Boardroom in the North Satellite terminal at SeaTac: