I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
Citi ThankYou transfer partners make the Prestige and ThankYou Premier cards super valuable card products. For the past year they’ve just kept adding to the value proposition.
Citi Prestige earns 3 points per dollar on air and hotel and double points on dining and entertainment. It also comes with American Airlines lounge access (when flying American) and a Priority Pass Select card (with unlimited visits and 2 free guests). And 3 free rounds of golf per year, too, and 4th night free on hotels.
Points from these two cards transfer to miles and points. And points from other Citi ThankYou points-earning cards can be transferred to one of those card accounts and on to miles and points.
Transfer Bonus to Hilton
Citi ThankYou Rewards is offering a bonus on transfers to Hilton HHonors through Januar8y 6.
View from the Hilton Colombo, Sri Lanka
Hilton points are generally worth half a cent apiece. Getting two points per ThankYou point means transferring points at a value of a penny. In many cases you’re much better off just using Citi points to straight up buy travel. But even that’s not the best use of points.
What You Should Really Do With Citi ThankYou Points
ThankYou points from a Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier account transfer to:
- Air France-KLM
- Asia Miles
- Etihad Airways Guest
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- Hilton HHonorsTM
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Virgin America Elevate
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
It’s good to see transfer bonuses coming from Citi, but the Hilton bonus isn’t even the only one currently on offer, there’s also a bonus on Virgin America transfers through October 21.
My favorite transfer partners are:
- Singapore Airlines which offers their own members much better premium cabin award space on Singapore flights than other Star Alliance frequent flyer program members get, and which has real value United Airlines domestic and Hawaii awards in addition to Star Alliance awards generally.
Singapore Airlines Boeing 777 First Class
Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 Suites Class
- Etihad for their own first class awards.
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles is a valuable oneworld partner with its distance-based award chart. Cathay has talked about making more award space available to members with their own points.
Points in a Citi Prestige account can be used directly to purchase airfare on American Airlines at 1.6 cents apiece in value. That means triple points earning on air and hotels gets you 4.8 cents per dollar in value in American Airlines tickets. I just cannot get excited about Hilton transfers, though of course there’s no downside to Citi’s offering this bonus.