News and notes from around the interweb:
- How to avoid United’s ‘close in booking fee’ for awards booked within three weeks of travel. I’ve written about this in the past but here’s confirmation that it still works. (It used to work on American, but they fixed this some time ago.)
- 5% off Alaska Airlines ‘Insider Extra’ fares
- If you accidentally bring a gun through security at a Texas airport you no longer risk being charged with a felony as long as you immediately leave the secure area when your weapon is flagged.
- Alaska Airlines is running an award sale with prices as low as 5000 miles one-way.
- I was on last night’s “Boom Bust” interviewed by Ameera David on the best frequent flyer programs and airline weigh-ins. It was part one of a two part interview:
I should be on Fox News “Happening Now” discussing airfare deals ~ 1:40pm Eastern today.Update: Bumped by votes being secured for the Iran nuclear deal..
- Why a Southwest flight was diverted to Amarillo and six passengers arrested