News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earn miles for Amazon and eBay purchases. We’ll have to see if US residents can successfully earn these points.
- Is it crisis time for Hotel Tonight?
- 1000 free miles for joining Garuda Indonesia’s GarudaMiles. The program is a transfer partner of Citi’s ThankYou Rewards.
- 20% Off Standard Awards online between Hong Kong and Boston, New York (Newark) or Los Angeles in business, premium economy, and economy. Cathay Pacific’s award chart is expensive, but may be the right option – especially with this discount – for American Express Membership Rewards folks. Book by August 31 for travel November 1 to December 14. For Los Angeles only flights 897/898 are eligible. (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- First it was aphrodesiac wine inside a tiger sculpture.. now a woman at Beijing airport security drank an entire bottle of cognac. She still couldn’t travel, of course. Because she drank an entire bottle of cognac. (HT: Tocqueville)
Zhao started acting wildly and yelling incoherently. Due to her massive inebriation, when Zhao fell to the floor, that’s where she stayed. When police arrived at the scene, they decided not to let her board her flight out of concern that she had become a security risk to others and herself as Zhao was travelling alone.
- One airline will make Superbowl Sunday an official holiday in its pilots’ contract