News and notes from around the interweb:
- Travel agency is offering Ashley Madison hacking victims travel vouchers so they can repair their marriages on holiday (HT: Alan H.)
- A huge improvement.
- 50% off Frontier flights today, DEEZ fares are NUTZ, promo code DEEZNUTS. Travel is only August 25, 26, 29, 31, 2015 and September 1, 2, 6, 9, 10. Yes, the President of Frontier used to be Chief Marketing Officer at Spirit (and worked for Spirit CEO Ben Baldanza at US Airways).
- BA Dreamliner plane grounded by passenger’s overheated mobile phone
- Qingdao Airlines says they’ll suspend or fire flight attendants whose weight they believe will compromise their ability to respond effectively to an emergency.
- I think the last word has finally been offered debunking the silly Delta ‘hate selling’ or ‘shaming’ meme. (Next week we will get something new.)
Some experts don’t fault the airlines – entirely – for making travelers confirm that they understand what they won’t get when they buy a low-priced, very-restrictive fare.
“If Delta didn’t make it super clear until after purchase they would be coming under huge criticism,” said Gary Leff of the View from the Wing travel blog.
While Delta could make the message about its Basic Economy fares “friendlier and warmer in tone,” said Henry Harteveldt of Atmosphere Research, the carrier “is doing a good job of helping passengers make well-informed choices about purchasing that fare.”