News and notes from around the interweb:
- Alaska Airlines is promoting a tighter relationship with American including Board Room member access to all American lounges and partnering with what used to be US Airways flights. ‘More codesharing’ in the future, too.
- Really great review of Competitours (“the Amazing Race for Regular People”) that some View from the Wing readers went on this year.
- North Korea’s stealth aircraft… from the 1940s
- Ryanair becomes the first airline to carry 10 million international passengers in a month. Their load factor hit an amazing 95% (some may think they should be charging higher prices in the short run).
- Flying: Then vs. Now (HT: Joe H.)
- It’s a bad sign when a CFO is fired. It’s a very bad sign when a CFO bails on a company, leaves without an obviously better job to announce. When the CFO’s departure from an airline is announced two days before release of earnings…?
- In a world where airlines try to one up each other with amazing safety videos especially Air New Zealand but even United and Air France, comes this fictional one that I really, really don’t know what to do with. (HT: baccarat_guy)