News and notes from around the interweb:
- L.A. City Council Wants to Make Life Worse For People Trying to Get from LA’s Main Airport. You only thought Uber was now allowed at the airport. Now the City Council wants to overrule the airport authority.
- TSA’s Behavior Detection Program Has a Newsletter, and It’s Ridiculous
- Alitalia threatens to shift its Rome Fiumicino hub elsewhere. They’ve already tried and failed with Milan, so what’s left… Abu Dhabi?
- An Air India 787 flight from Delhi to Milan had to turn around when a rat was sighted onboard. The plane was fumigated. This is not the first recent rat sighting onboard an Air India flight. (HT: Don H.)
- Thick book from a sorority convention causes massive delays at Houston Hobby airport. I’m sure it was because the TSA thought every single sorority alumnae going through the checkpoint had a bomb in their book, rather than a desire to inspect each thoroughly with the nude-o-scope. Again, and again. It would hardly be the first time.
- With the show over, Mad Men set items are up for auction. Several are travel-related. (HT: Tim P.)