News and notes from around the interweb… And as I read through these I realize that I shouldn’t take comfort in the strange experiences of others. That’s just wrong.
- Starting a fight in an airport lounge may get you banned by the airline. Apparently Snoop Dogg was invited never to fly British Airways again.
- Ryanair flight returns to airport when it was discovered that baggage hadn’t been unloaded from the previous flight.
- The rock singer who was arrested for riding a baggage carousel in Denver earlier this year was just kicked off of a Minneapolis – Los Angeles flight for being too drunk to fly. He claimed it was pain meds and not alcohol, but he blew a .31 early the next morning after leading police on a high speed chase.
- An abandoned hanger was discovered in Kazakhstan.. with two Soviet space shuttles inside.
- A flight attendant is suing Qantas for hearing loss which resulted from an improperly sealed door that crew jury rigged with wet towels.
- How Luxury Hotels Lure You With Music: “Different spaces and times of day get a new level of attention; Katy Perry’s beats per minute in the gym” (Wall Street Journal so if the link doesn’t work for you just google the quoted item). HT: Alan H.
- British singer Morrissey has claimed he was sexually assaulted by a security officer at San Francisco International Airport. “An official spokesman for the Transport Security Administration (TSA) said security camera footage confirmed that nothing out of the ordinary had occurred.” Which, of course, is comforting.. knowing that sexual assault at the checkpoint is ordinary…