I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Successful use the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau when a bank confiscated rewards. Personally I’d feel a little dirty.
- American Express has apparently doubled its mileage bonuses to 10,000 for referring new old Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express signups. That goes along with their limited-time push (through June 30 only) awarding 50,000 bonus miles after $2000 in purchases within 3 months and a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within that same time period.
- $350 cash back on 2 year AT&T agreement
- My ‘Coin’ order from November 2013 finally arrived. It’s supposed to let me use multiple credit cards on a single device, of course it doesn’t support chip technology. There are others in the marketplace, I look forward to playing around with several. Somehow I’m less excited than I was when these first debuted publicly.
- Congressional testimony disputes the effectiveness of air marshals. In other words, the sky is blue.
- The Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red card (which you can no longer sign up for) is now chip and pin (as noted by several readers by email as well, so thanks to all).
- 20% – 25% 2 and 3 night Hyatt stays using promo code SSALEA at a number of properties when you book by June 29 for stays through August 13.