News and notes from around the interweb:
- Cheap Wow Air transatlantic flights are back.
- The sweetest things airlines have done for passengers
- Airlines rush to become ‘retailers with wings’. (I love United’s URLs throughout the ticket purchase process – such as /upsell1.aspx and /confirmRevenue.aspx.)
- Inside an airline catering kitchen serving 100,000 meals per day
- Malaysia Airlines CEO getting early strong reviews.
- Virgin Atlantic flight attendants attempted to smuggle US$159,000 worth of gold jewelry into India.. by wearing it.