News and notes from around the interweb:
- $450 bonus for opening Chase bank accounts
- A United employee just stole a passenger’s cash at the security checkpoint, and an American flight attendant stole coins from UNICEF Change for Children donations.
- American is expected to get its single operating certificate for the US Airways merger next month. Not a big step in the customer-facing process, but a big leap for the progress of the merger.
- Really good Aer Lingus business class award availability from Boston to Ireland. That’s important because British Airways charges just 12,500 points each way for coach and 25,000 for business class on these transatlantic flights — and because those prices go up April 28.
- Free MGM Gold status
- Alaska Airlines pilot proposes to a flight attendant inflight.