News and notes from around the interweb:
- Crowdfunding an airline ticket so you can monitor your girlfriend. What could possibly go wrong?
- Skyteam’s alliance-wide online award booking tool should be rolled out globally by the end of the year
- American official arrested for bringing a firearm through the Islamabad airport. If he hadn’t done so, he’d likely have been the only one not armed there, right?
- Emirates launches a daily flight to Bali starting June 3 operated by a two-cabin 777.
- More American employees who don’t like the new uniforms
- This week’s non-story. RyanAir ‘refued to fly’ an organ transplant child — because the family arrived at the airport after the cutoff time to buy a ticket for the flight. They took the next flight 70 minutes later.
- United Express carriers’ contractual commitments. Do you think they live up to them?