News and notes from around the interweb:
- Consumers paying by credit card tend to spend more. Here’s an interesting experiment on how to get them not to. (HT: Marginal Revolution) Self-control in this regard is critical for benefiting from credit card rewards.
- The Marriott Rewards co-brand small business card is available with a 70,000 point signup bonus
- Air India held open interviews for Captain positions and literally no one showed up
- US airlines claim Emirates’ 2-for-1 promotion is proof of unfair competition. Not one has said the same thing about Virgin America’s 2-for-1 promotion.
- How TripAdvisor Changed Travel (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- Those free Qantas first class tickets? A scam.