News and notes from around the interweb:
- Important Issue of the Day: The Atlanta city council is really mad at how you’ve been referring to their airport. By a 14-0 vote they want the airport’s general manager to report to them on how they can get you to call use Hartsfield and Jackson when referring to the airport. Those two names refer to two past mayors of Atlanta, and the city thinks they deserve to be respected.
- Delta.com award booking gets incrementally better: Awards on Gol are now bookable at Delta.com.
- Boeing’s Red Dot 787s: Ten early production Boeing 787s were made overweight, reducing their range. They’ve been sitting, unwanted and unloved. But now Air Austral and Ethiopian Airlines may buy them, at a deep discount. (HT: Alan H.)
- Reward Your Mileage Account With Some Bling: Triple Alaska miles and up to $1000 off Emirates itineraries from the US
- Hermeneutical approaches to a pink mustache: Is Lyft trying to wriggle out of its $1000 new driver offer, and does it suggest financing problems for the rideshare company?