News and notes from around the interweb:
- A United Express carrier asked United if they could opt out of installing those uncomfortable slimline economy seats. They were told no.
- Evolve Money now takes Visa and MasterCard to pay bills but adds a 3% fee for those and Discover as well. They’ve broadened out the bills you can pay through their system, and mileage-earning debit cards remain a good deal.
- Star Alliance program Avianca LifeMiles is offering a 100% bonus on trasferred miles through February 16.
- Chinese tourist dries her delicates at Chiang Mai airport.
- The most spectacular photo of LAX I’ve ever seen (HT: Whitney N.)
- FTD is offering 30 AAdvantage miles per dollar plus an extra 200 miles per order (extra 200 miles for Citi AAdvantage co-brand cardholders).
- You can join the 50,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!