News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- The Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General is furious at the TSA for censoring a report on its own ineptitude.
- Was the United app leaking sensitive personal information about passengers like passport details, and allowing mischievous individuals to request paid upgrades for your trips?
- Delta’s SkyBonus program reduces points-earning and requires at least five active travelers. Since the airline is rewarding customers less when they fly, it makes sense they’d make changes to their business program too.
- The new American first class cookie really is an improvement, almost like the old bake on board one. I tried it yesterday for the first time and have to give them applause for it.
- Treasure hunter who found a fortune in gold is captured at the Hilton in Boca Raton (HT: Toqueville)
- The Qantas aircraft that flew non-stop London to Sydney has retired
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!