News and notes from around the interweb:
- Sign up your family for Aegean frequent flyer accounts, and pool their signup bonuses to use yourself. Free miles!
- Aer Lingus has rejected a second, increased takeover offer from British Airways and Iberia parent IAG
- Minor news for sure, but bmi regional will operate 4 European routes on behalf of Lufthansa from Munich. It’s just good to see the bmi name live on in some form, as a former bmi elite member from the time the airline was a part of the Star Alliance and before it was acquired by British Airways. bmi regional represents the stuff BA didn’t want, and operates fourteen Embraer ERJ-145s and four 135s.
- The ‘few bad apples’ at the TSA are going to start screening a whole lot more airport employees because of the ‘few bad apples’ who were smuggling guns…
- Namibian airspace was unmonitored by air traffic control one night last week because of an overtime dispute.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!