News and notes from around the interweb:
- 11 Cool Things from the Comsumer Electronics Show That Will Make Travel Better
- Cyprus Airways shuts down. I flew them in 2007 as part of the Alitalia $33+tax business class mistake fare, and much enjoyed them (and my time at the Le Meridien Limassol).
- United is putting out new special-edition destination-specific amenity kits
- Anthony Bourdain hits the airport In ‘n Out Burger at LAX every time he goes through Los Angeles. Just like the rest of us.
- Passengers flying out of Seattle today on Alaska Airlines get a free cocktail.
- Register to earn double base points on JetBlue for flights booked and flown by March 8. The points do count towards status. (HT: Free Frequent Flyer Miles)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!