News and notes from around the interweb:
- An UberX driver chronicles her New Years Eve. No one puked in her car, but she was propositioned with pizza..
- Flat whites come to Starbucks January 6! I always order these at the Andaz 5th Avenue, and at a few other places in New York. It’s a coffee choice I picked up in Australia in the late 80s — microfoam poured over double espresso. Coffee is important.
- The Forward Cabin posts this three year old prank call that I hadn’t ever heard: recordings of Arnold Schwarzenegger prank calling the American Airlines automated voice system and then a reservations agent.
- Russia’s economic crisis leads to an airline bailout
- Confessions of a former TSA agent
- Contra this advice from
George BushDana Carvey, you’re going to want to use paper towels rather than hand dryers in airport bathrooms.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!