Looking back on the year, I thought I’d share what Google Analytics thinks were my most popular posts in 2014. These are the ones clicked on the most, that brought people to the site, rather than the most popular posts that were just read on my View From the Wing home page.
That means they’re the ones that were linked to elsewhere, drew the most search traffic, or went viral in social media.
And it’s striking to me that several of the posts actually were written in 2012 and 2013 — and even in 2010. These aren’t my favorite necessarily, but it’s telling for me what readers in general find interesting and useful.
Upgrades are popular. Starbucks is popular. Posts tied to current news are popular.
- 10 more free Starbucks stars towards status and a free drink
- How to use hidden city and throwaway ticketing to save money on airfare
- How to make sure your free domestic upgrades clear
- You can get a first class upgrade almost every time, even if you don’t have top elite status
- These are the world’s best business class airlines
- Don’t be fooled by studies on the cheapest day to buy airfare
- How much are miles really worth? Valuations for each program.
- Why Gold and not Diamond is the best status to have at Hilton, and how to get it easily
- Preparing for the dreaded American Express financial review
- What credit card does President Obama use?
- Virgin Atlantic may have the worst miles, but here are 8 great uses for them
- Overriding your hotel room’s thermostat settings
- United just destroyed their frequent flyer program as a way of rewarding travel on United
- Credit card purchase protection pays to fix my Samsung S3’s cracked screen
- 3 credit cards, 140,000 American miles, for $89
What was your favorite? And thank you for a fantastic 2014!
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!