It’s been a rough fall for celebrities running late to catch flights.
- Will.i.am showed up too late for his United flight to China. He wasn’t allowed to board and took to social media…
- Jeremih showed up for a flight after the jetway door had closed. His entourage members already on the flight proceeded to open the door themselves.
Now it’s New York Yankees’ pitcher “CC” Sabathia’s turn. (HT: Alan H.)
Yankees ace CC Sabathia allegedly went ball-istic at Newark Airport over the weekend when he and his entourage just missed a flight to Jamaica.
And by ‘just’, he apparently turned up at the ticket counter 15 minutes prior to departure.
He had booked 12 first class seats on the plane and ‘freaked out’ when he wasn’t allowed to board. Cops responded to the scene and ‘helped him cool off’.
Despite the rhubarb, Sabathia didn’t end up in hot water with the law.
Cops who came to the scene helped him cool off without putting anyone in handcuffs, according to the report. No summonses were handed out.
I think there’s some missing details about the flight in question, and the one he and his group eventually took to Montego Bay.
- The report identifies a 7pm United flight, I didn’t think there was such a late Newark-Montego Bay flight and it’s certainly too late to connect. (Although I’m not up on United’s Newark-Caribbean schedule.)
- The paper suggests that the group took a later flight. Later than 7pm?
- Did some of his entourage have to fly coach? I’d be surprised if there were 12 first class seats open day of departure on any flight.
- Unless they flew private…
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!