News and notes from around the interweb:
- 500 free Virgin America points just for entering name and account information. And Virgin America points are roughly like 1000 miles in other programs.
- Really heartwarming.
- My Fox News Happening Now appearance yesterday with tips for holiday travel: be aware, be nice, and be persistent. Know where your aircraft is coming and weather along to way to assist in planning, be kind to agents and they’ll be more helpful, and there are plenty of different touch points where you can ask for help if you aren’t getting what you need.
- American and Alaska are increasing codesharing across 16 additional routes, and it strikes me interesting that American will be helping to sell seats on 4 routes Alaska is operating out of Salt Lake City.
- Marriott adopts only the second and third words from Google’s motto. Don’t forget that it’s for your own good!
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!