News and notes from around the interweb:
- It’s amazing how long United’s ‘unofficial award sale’ seems to last..
- Doubletree’s new bath amenities. Things like amenities — and cookies — provide consistency, which is especially important for Doubletree which is Hilton’s conversion brand. There’s little across Doubletree that is otherwise the same and makes a ‘brand’.
- New American Express lounge that Platinum carhdolders can use opens in Sydney
- Travel hacker banned from UK finance industry for gaming train fares.
- Alaska will open a Boardroom in United’s old club space in the North Satellite terminal at SeaTac in mid-2015. I’d guess that it, like the Boardroom in the main terminal, will become accessible to Priority Pass and Lounge Club cardholders as well as partner lounge members.